Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Thanks with Autumn Tree





Hi, Friends......

The wildfire smoke has been so bad the last couple of days that I have just holed up in my craft room and stayed there! That's the ONLY good thing about the terrible smoke. Otherwise the air quality sensors throughout our area are registering at "Very Unhealthy" to "Hazardous". It's that bad here and throughout much of the West. We all feel ill. Ugh... On the bright side, I have managed to organize some of my supplies, make a couple of cards, and get working on arranging sponsors for the upcoming Cat Lovers Hop! Yay!!

Today I am sharing a card I made especially for a few challenges:
1. I am squeaking in on the last day for the Taylored Expressions - 9th Birthday Sketch Challenge. Look at the fun sketch Taylor made for us to try:


2. The Winnie & Walter August Color Combo Challenge, which ends soon!!  Look at the wonderful color palette Heather chose this month:



These colors remind me of crisp autumn days with blue skies and golden orange leaves. My tree is stamped onto a Gelato background that I splattered with Distress Ink.

3. Winnie & Walter also has their new Rerun #23 - Tree For All Seasons challenge up today. The Rerun set has many variations you can make on trees and the round crowns in the cards by Heather and Kelly reminded me of a tree from my Winnie & Walter - Kindness with Evelin T Designs stamp set.


Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (has scallops)
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Thanks Cutaway die
Winnie & Walter - Kindness with Evelin T Designs stamp set
Versafine ink in Black Onyx
Gelatos
Mixed Media paper
Tonic Studios - Nuvo Crystal Drops
Scraps of cardstock (plain and glittered)  from my stash
Hope you enjoyed my card today. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Taylored Expressions - 9th Birthday Sketch Challenge
2. Winnie & Walter August Color Combo Challenge

3.
Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge #23 - Tree For All Seasons
4. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stamp It 
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp It
6. Word Art Wednesday Week #298-299 - Anything Goes Family-Friendly
7. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #11
8. Crafty Hazelnut's September Patterned Paper Challenge
9. Joy Clair September Challenge - Anything Goes
10. Dragonfly Dreams September Challenge - Patterned Paper
11. SSS Work-It Wednesday August/September - Use a Stamp
12. Just Keep on Creating September Link Up - Anything Goes
13.
DL.ART September Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
14. Cupcake Inspirations CIC#421


5 comments:

  1. Its great catd. And that cat on the antena is bad 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the wildfire smoke clears up soon but it's good that you are trying to be positive about and using the time to craft. Such a cool card, I love the images and the colours.Thanks so much for sharing your creation at
    Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, such beautiful autumn colours.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better and that the smoke has settled You made a beautiful bright thank you card. I love the colors. Thank you for joining the DL.ART September Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is fantastic!!! LOVE The tree behind the thanks word --
    I also hope that you are feeling better too and that there is no more smoke!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge -- it was very special because we are celebrating STAMPtember so we thank you twice! We hope to see you again next week!
    x Zoey

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis