Tuesday, August 16, 2016
"Faith is....".in Pretty Purples and Greens
Seems like I can always use encouraging cards to send to friends who need their day brightened. You, too? I especially love using my scripture stamps for these kind of cards and what better fit than to use my Verve stamps and a Viva la Verve sketch???
I got super-inspired when I saw Julee's Viva la Verve August Sketch #1. It has several elements that really fit with my style such as the paneled background and the circular focal panel with a frilly edge.
No, I am not planning another 11-post blog blitz for this sketch like I did in April....but I do love this sketch and hope to make several cards with it.
Here's my first take:
I rotated the sketch on its side for this one and used a layered embossed background made of DCWV scraps that had been in my stash for some time. Julee is very generous in letting us use "poetic license" on her sketches, so I used squares instead of a central circle layered over my doily. Each and every piece of paper I used on this card except the doily and card base was from my scrap bags. Yay!!
Supplies used include:
Verve - Scripture Medley 2 stamp set
Verve - Sprightly Sprigs die set
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set
Distress Ink used for stamping sentiment - Wilted Violet
Distress Ink sponged on embossed background to show texture - Victorian Velvet
Peridot rhinestones, doily, and lots of scraps from my stash
Hope you enjoyed my card. What kinds of encouragement cards do you like to make? Let me know in the comments. Thank you so much for the encouraging words you always leave for me! Your visits make my day.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Viva la Verve August Sketch Challenge
2. Crop Stop Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - Use a product CS sells (I used Distress Ink)
3. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge
5. Amusing Challenge #34 - Anything Goes
6. Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday July 2016 - Use Peridot (my rhinestones are peridot color)
7. Cards in Envy - It's Hip to be Square
8. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 242 - Use Snippets