I am here to share a sympathy card today. As you might have seen in one of my blog posts, we recently have suffered the loss of a couple different friends. It's been a very sad and difficult time for our family and for our community. We are comforted by the fact that both of these friends had faith in the Lord Jesus.
This card features double embossing: gold heat embossing over dry embossing. I used my Darice Easy Frames set and my Darice - Interlocking Circles folder to make the embossed border and then brayered Versamark over the textured surface and heat embossed with gold powder. I stamped and heat embossed the praying hands image, too. Then I sprinkled Imagine Crafts - Walnut Ink Crystals over only the border areas and misted with water to let them dissolve and run. I love the watery effect.
Supplies used include:
Darice - Interlocking Circles embossing folder
Darice Easy Frames set
Praying hands stamp of unkn origin from thrift store
Clear Dollar Stamps - Easter Blessings stamp set (discontinued)
Imagine Crafts Walnut Ink Crystals
Core'dinations heavy duty white cardstock
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Gold embossing powder
Scraps from my stash for backing panels
Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate your kind and encouraging words!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make for the Border
2. Crop Stop Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - Use a product CS sells (I used VersaMark Ink)
3. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
4. Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party - Watercolor
5. Double D Challenges - Neutrals
6. Mod Squad - The Die's the Thing
7. My Time To Craft Challenge #327 - Embossing Heat or Dry
8. Creative With Stamps Challenge #5 - Geometric