Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Custom Washi Tape Card



Hi, Friends.....

First I want to thank you all for your kind comments during this difficult time of losing 2 friends and also losing my sweet Aliyah kitty.  Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated!

I am here today with a simple summery card I made for the MFP Stamps Flowers Everywhere July Tutorial Challenge where they ask us to make custom washi tape following their tutorial and use it on a project.  MFP has wonderful tutorials and I enjoy stretching my skill set a bit by trying the new techniques they show us.

Here I made my own washi tape by coloring some Micropore surgical tape strips with several different colors of my Spectrum Noirs and then stamping them with some MFP stamps using Versafine Ink in Onyx Black . I used the sunflower image from my Mark's Finest Papers - Calendar stamp set and the Happy Birthday sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers - Background Fun stamp set.



I made some random (and hopefully a little arty!) splatters with Clearsnap Smooch Spritz in Pomegranate and Carrot Cake. I finished it off with some gold sequins and a sparkly gold bow. Easy and fun!

Hope you liked this sunny card.  I love the vibrant late summer colors!!  Thanks so much for stopping by!!

<3
Janis



Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Stamps Flowers Everywhere July Tutorial Challenge - custom washi tape
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Fabulous Florals
3. The Paper Girls Challenge #109 - Washi it Up
4. Penny Black at All Sorts August Challenge - AG
5. SRTC August Challenge - Anything Goes
6. DL.Art August Linky Challenge - AG
7. Amusing Challenge #33 - AG
8. Crafty Ribbons Challenge #163 - AG

9 comments:

  1. Your washi tapes turned out great! Nicely done! So glad you joined us at MFP Stamps Challenge!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The micro pore tape was a great idea.....I'll have to remember that!! This is a beautiful late summer card....I love the bright colors! The sequins and splatters are perfect additions to finish off the card. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Janis and VERY creative!
    So sorry for the loss of your friends, that is never easy, sending hugs and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so artsy!!! I love the splattered look. I have been away quite a bit lately, but I want you to know how sorry I am to hear you have lost two friends and your kitty Aliyah, keeping you lifted in prayer.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes August Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So neat how you used the tape!!! Very cute card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made your own washi tape ok Martha Stewart.......... I love the result but have a drawer full of purchased washi so this is not going in my to do file

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is already yummy but when I heard the names of your Smooch Spritz, my mouth started watering! I have some micro-pore tape somewhere around here and wanted to give this technique a try too but don't know if I'll get to it before the challenge is over. What a great way to use those small images in stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful and bright card, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Southern Ridge Trading Company and so very sorry for your recent losses, sending my condolences. Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Janis! So sorry for your losses. Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis