Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hello, Friend - Stencil techniques



Hi, Friends.......

I'm here to share a bright, cheery card for the Waffle Flower stenciling technique challenge.  


I love winter days when the sky is blue and minute gleaming snowflakes called diamond dust are wafting down from a seemingly blue sky.  Everything looks iridescent and there are very faint hues of pink and blue in the sky.  That's the inspiration for this card.


I started with a patterned paper covered card base. I grabbed my Simon Says Stamp - Falling Snow Stencil and spread some of my new Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel through the small holes. It is subtle with this sparing use, but reminds me of the sparkling diamond dust. After the Glitter Gel was dry, I stenciled over the background again using a doily from my stash and some Distress Ink in Spun Sugar.

My sentiment is from the Waffle Flower - Flower Circles stamp set. I stamped it on a scrap of white cardstock with Versafine ink in Smokey Gray and heat embossed it with clear powder. I stenciled over the top of it with the same doily and DI, too. I used dark pink DCWV scraps for matting and rounded the corners of everything with my WRMK Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper.

As I was putting my card elements together, I felt like it needed something else.  On a whim, I cut a wedge of the (now pink) doily that I used as my stencil and placed it in the corner for a fanciful bit of sunshine.  I love it!!  :)  A bright gingham ribbon and a few little snowflakes scattered here and there just for fun finished it all off.

Thanks for stopping by today.  And thank you so much for all the amazing comments you gave me on my Joyeux Noel card.  I am delighted and encouraged with your response!!!

Hope your week is awesome!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Waffle Flower January Technique Challenge - Stencil
2. Design Memory Craft - January 2016 Take the Challenge with Mou - Snow
3. 
Happy Little Stampers January Mixed Media Challenge - Stencil

5 comments:

  1. great card - love that sweet little bow - thanks for sharing your project at the HLS Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card.. thanks for joining us at Waffle Flower Crafts January Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet and pretty card! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your description of your inspiration for the card. :) Thanks for playing with us at Waffle Flower Crafts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a romantic inspiration... I did see it when was reading - so poetically said! Lovely card! Thank you so much for joining us at Waffle Flower Card!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis