Thursday, December 3, 2015

More No-Stamping Half 'n' Half Christmas Cards





Hi, Friends......


I am back with more cards inspired by this project over at Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivities 2015.  As you might have noticed, I was super-inspired by the half and half design with a solid color on top and a patterned piece below.  I made two other sets using that look:  here and here.  I found it was a really good way to use scraps and to give a multi-patterned festive look without being too fussy.



In my efforts to "Hoard No More", I actually used some Graphic 45 "12 Days of Christmas" bits and pieces from my stash.  (THANKS, Gloria Stengel!!!)  [Several of you have told me how hard it is for you to use your hoarded G45 papers, so you knooooooooow the soul-searching that was involved with me using these!!!  lol...  I think we each deserve a pat on the back anytime we use our G45.  :) ]




I love how the Graphic 45 die cuts coordinated with the DCWV scraps.  


Although I followed the same exact formula for each of these cards, they each have their own unique beauty with the different ribbons and lovely focal pieces.



Again, I added little touches like a decorative border and photo corners for accents.  The Core'dinations kraft card bases look great with the vintage designs.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you enjoyed these pretty Christmas cards.  They were fun and easy to put together.  We have another handbell concert tonight.....then only one left!  So glad our Christmas concerts get done early in December!!!  

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this set of cards in the following challenges:
1.  Jennifer Grace's Frosted Festivities 2015
2.  Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #205 - Use Snippets
3.  Crop Stop Linky Party #10 - Anything Goes using a brand CS sells (I used Core'dinations cardstock)
4. .Cards in Envy - Use Some Extra Layers
5.  Craftin Desert Divas Craft it Up Link it Up Christmas Linky
6.  DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #169 - Christmas alt. TY
7.  Shopping Our Stash Challenge #229 - No Stamping

14 comments:

  1. These are wonderful and I, too, have a stash of G45 papers. You've inspired me to use it!! Thanks for sharing these beautiful cards in the Cards in Envy LAYERS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tags, WOW, amazing job, Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness they came out pretty! Love all the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness they came out pretty! Love all the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards and such gorgeous papers - I'm not surprised that folk don't want to use them :) Like the hal and half idea - neat trick!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the vintage look of your cards. Like the photo corner arrangement. Thank you for entering DLART Christmas challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    DLART Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. High five and a tap dance for using some of your Graphic 45! I see that you're serious about trying to hoard-no-more, and it's obviously really inspiring you. One of these days I'll have to take the leap and cut into my Graphic 45, but in the meantime I'll just admire your gorgeous designs. The kraft bases and photo corners look just perfect with these vintage patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so very pretty, great use of those awesome G45 elements! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (no stamping!) STASH with us this fortnight! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are delightful and very nicely executed! Thanks for playing along in our No Stamping Challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Christmas cards and how you did the layering! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards! Beautiful layering! Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look gorgeous too. I love how the different ribbon on each gives them their own unique look! Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card are so beautiful.Thanks for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Diva's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards
    Thanks for sharing with us ladies over at Craftin Desert Divas
    Hugs
    Nanné CDD DTM

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis