Friday, November 13, 2015

Contemporary Christmas Look - Frosty Festivities




Deck the Halls reminded me of one of the several Cat Mystery series that I enjoy.  The particular title that came to mind was Cat Deck the Halls by Shirley Rousseau Murphy.  I collect cat mysteries in the cozy mystery genre.  Do you?  Which are your favorites???


Hi, Friends.....


I am back with some more half and half cards I made with inspiration from one of Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivities 2015 projects here.  These again have a busy patterned paper in the lower half of the card and the plain solid in the upper half, as I did in this other set.   



This time, instead of stamping a sentiment panel, I used stickers from the Echo Park - Very Merry Christmas collection to get a more contemporary look.  This design is a good way to use scraps, so, again, I was able to use some DCWV pieces from my bag.  On the lower panel, I used my Martha Stewart Edger Punch - Doily Lace for a fancy edge.  It only shows a tiny bit from behind the sticker panel.



I inked the panels with Ranger Distress Ink and added some fun white photo corners that my crafty friend, Karen L., sent me.  (Thanks, Karen!!)  They were just the thing to tie in with the white of the stickers without adding too much distracting detail.  I really love using photo corners in this way.  I mounted everything on kraft card bases made from Core'dinations cardstock to avoid too much overwhelming white.  

HINT:  Ever had your stickers (esp. older ones!) not stay stuck???  I once made a quick baby card using stickers and they were already peeling away before I even had the thing in the envelope!!  Eeek.  Applying some Beacon 3-in-1 Craft Glue to the sticky backs will keep them stuck where you want them.  :)  It also has the advantage of giving you a tiny bit of wiggle time to get things positioned properly before it sets.  Love that!  This trick works well for foam squares, too.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I have one more set of half and half cards......then I need to start crafting some more, instead of posting.  :)

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering these cards in the following challenges:
1.  Jennifer Grace's Frosted Festivities 2015
2.  Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 202
3.  Word Art Wednesday Challenge 209 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
4.  Southern Ridge Trading Co. November Challenge - Christmas
5.  Crop Stop Linky Party #10 - Anything Goes using a brand CS sells  ( I used Core'dinations cardstock and Ranger Distress Ink.)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful classic colors. The corners are lovely. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 209th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Imagine my surprise and pleasure at seeing that you were able to use a few of those photo corners! I only have about 800 more to go...ha! I just LOVE that you used stickers on these cards because I need some motivation to use even just a smidgen of my huge sticker stash....and this is excellent motivation. The bright colors and sentiment based designs of these cards are fun and modern...and so very cheery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun cards! The corners are awesome. Thanks for taking the time to enter our challenge on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog.
    Katelyn - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo corners on here are a perfect way to add just a touch more white! I love the contemporary look of the stickers too. Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis