|A kitty enjoying its "camo time of year".|
<<<MARK YOUR CALENDARS>>>>
CAT LOVERS HOP
Oct. 26-30, 2015
Right here at Her Peaceful Garden
|Hook your claws into this badge for your blog!!!!|
I am back with my second of two cards for this week's MFP Speedy Fox & Friends - Collaged Stamping Challenge. You can see my first card here and get an explanation for how I made the background, using a variety of Mark's Finest Papers stamp sets: Halloween Selections, Corn Ears, Nature's Brushstrokes, and Calendar. I still had a couple pieces of it leftover, so I made a second card and teamed it with a scrap of patterned cardstock that I had dry embossed with my Darice - Interlocking Circles folder and sponged gently with Distress Inks to bring out the texture.
I embellished it with burlap ribbon, leaves punched from scraps of patterned paper with added glitter glue for the veins, some punchinella and a big shimmery orange bow. (Someone sent this delicious ribbon to me and I regret that I lost track of who it was. I only have a short scrap of it left after using it on several cards, now....alas!)
See the shimmer in this angled photo??? LOVE!!!! I also really like the almost monochromatic look this card has with the blends of oranges and warm tans. I love the "forest floor" look with that scattered collage of fallen needles, leaves, and twigs littering the ground. This is sort of what my card reminds me of.
Hope you have enjoyed my card. Autumn cards are some of my favorites to make!! Thank you for your amazing and encouraging comments!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge #282 - Collage Stamping
2. Simon Says Stamp World Card Making Day Challenge
3. Stamped Blessing Amusing Challenge - Hello, Fall...
4. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Autumn is in the Air
5. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #197 - Use Snippets
6. Craft Stamper October Take It Make It Challenge - Use one or more listed techniques
7. One Crazy Stamper October Challenge - Christmas, Halloween, or Fall
8. Simply Create Too Challenge #95 - Autumn Splendor
9. Crop Stop Linky Party #8 - Anything Goes with product that CS sells
(I used Distress Inks and a Darice Embossing Folder)
10. Try it on Tuesday - Autumn
11 Mod Squad Challenge - Get Your "Fall" On
12. Winnie & Walter WCMD Masterboard Background Challenge
13. Winnie & Walter WCMD Use Metallic/Gold Challenge