Thursday, September 3, 2015

Group Effort Thank Yous

Thank You Cards


Hi, Friends.....

I am here today to share with you a big batch of thank you cards I made this week.  As many of you know, our community was hit very hard with the wildfires that have ravaged many places in the West this summer.  Our courageous firefighters worked hard to battle the blazes and were successful in saving many, many homes that would have been destroyed.  During this ordeal and in the aftermath, we had a tremendous outpouring of donations by individuals and groups in our area.  

Tuesday of this week our church had a thank you note writing "party" to express our appreciation to each of these who helped so much......some with their time and labor, some with money, some with equipment, some with food, etc.  Around 10 ladies gathered for a couple of hours and wrote thank yous non-stop.  I and others brought thank you note cards with us for everyone to use, some were handmade and some were commercially made. We had quite a stack of them to mail out when we were done!!!  

As I was considering what design to use for these thank yous, I found an email blog update in my inbox from Melissa of A Creative Journey with Melissa.  The title of her blog post said something about making 5 cards in 15 minutes.  That immediately caught my eye!!!  :)  I loved her simple, but attractive design:
Melissa's samples using her wonderful sign language stamps!!!

 I pulled out a bunch of DCWV autumn-looking prints from my scrap bags and went to work following her fabulous tutorial....and doing a few tweaks of my own.  :)  I also used my A Creative Journey with Melissa - Fall and Winter Holiday Sentiments stamp set which Melissa designed.  I LOVE this set full of gracious and useful sentiments.  The "So Grateful" one I stamped with Versafine Ink in Vintage Sepia isn't limited only to Thanksgiving cards! 


I mounted each of them on premade kraft or white card bases.  Here is a shot of the whole group of 30 cards that I took to the party.


I can't say that I made mine as fast as Melissa was able to make hers, but I absolutely LOVE how they turned out.  Hope this has inspired you if you need to make multiple cards.  Be sure to visit Melissa's blog and see the other wonderful ideas and products she offers!!  

Thanks for coming to visit!!!  Have a lovely remaining part of the week.

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this set of cards in the following challenges:
1. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #163 - Thank You
2. Simon Says Stamp Work-It Wednesday August 2015 - Autumn Theme
3. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #199 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
4. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #192 - Use Snippets
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper September 2014 Challenge

6. DL.Art September Challenge Linky Party  
7. Connie Can Crop Monthly Color Challenge #38

 

ETA:  
8. The Paper Girls Challenge - Grateful/Thankful (This challenge allows projects that are slightly older than their blog post.  Their "Grateful" challenge was so perfect for my cards that I hope they will accept it.)

17 comments:

  1. I love your creations and am honored I was able to inspire you! What a wonderful project although under sad circumstances. I hope everyone is safe and thank you so much for the shout out :) I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much Janis for making these lovely cards for us! I love your creativity and the simplicity of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea Janis - and gorgeous cards too. All to often, folk forget to say thank you - I'm sure it will have been very much appreciated!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Thank you cards!!! I love love love the paper you used on the 1st pic, right hand side (yellow/gold and brown). Thanks for entering at Connie Can Crop's color challange!

    Angela ~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous thank you cards! Loving the colors and the idea of swapping them. How fun! Thanks for playing with us at Connie can crop. Scrappy hugs, connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and such a blessing to the recipients! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea and so sweet of you all to do thank you notes to all those who helped. I am sure each of them will appreciate receiving those cards especially the firefighters. My hubby is a firefighter and while it's their job, they still like to hear a simple thank you every once in a while. So wonderful your community rallied together to support one another. Your cards look fantastic and that's terrific that you made 30 of them too! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! I hope you will join us again next week for our big 200th Challenge. Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card set. I love how you used the colors in this challenge. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I just can't stop staring at those packets of handmade cards and thinking about how happy the recipients will be when they open them and see the and funhandwritten thanks inside. The designs are different in feel, depending on which papers you used. What a great way to use partial sheets of patterned paper as well, and something I need to remember to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are definitely "special" thank you cards!! Wonderful effort thanking people. Thanks also for joining us this month at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge, ELizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so beautiful!! I love the papers you used!! Thanks so much for joining us for the DL.Art September Linky and Thankful Thursday!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    DL.ART DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I just saw you won on Penny Black. congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Janis, I've hopped over from Jim's blog (Love The Details), and what a beautiful post. Yes, what gratitude for the firefighters, and what a lovely set of cards. They surely need our prayers and thanks. May you stay safe as well! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous and heartwarming idea to send all these thank you cards to people who helped out! Your set of handmade cards is really amazing, Janis!! You're an angel! I pray that rain comes soon!! We are back to being over 100 down here again (near San Francisco) and I hope you aren't back in the terrible heat up there! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful packages of cards, each one is just so pretty, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your cards. Thank you so much for sharing your creations with us and entering the Connie Can Crop Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis