Saturday, April 11, 2015

Waffle Flower "Hello, Friend"






"If you are worthy of its affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave."
                                                                                        ------------Theophile Gautier


Hi, Friends......

I am here to share a card I made for the current Waffle Flower Challenge, that has a really fun inspiration photo this time around:



I decided to go with flowers instead of clouds for my card, but stayed in the charcoal, pink, gold, and white color scheme. 

I have been playing around with my Waffle Flower - Flower Circles stamp set and discovered I could make cute flowers that look a bit like the Waffle Flower logo using a couple of the pieces.  How fun is that?!!

When I am playing around with my stamps, I generally use an old black ink pad that isn't very juicy and some scratch paper to try out my ideas.  In this case, I loved the almost shadowy effect the dry-ish pad gave.  Turns out it was perfect for what I wanted for this challenge!!!  So I used the same old black pad for these flowers.  :)


Can you find the two pieces I used?  The flower center is the lined circle and the petals are the little half circle next to the Hello word.  Isn't it cute how they fit together???  Love how this set is designed to construct so many different flower styles!!





Here's a close-up shot of my flowers.  I stamped them on cardstock and covered them with Glossy Accents to give them dimension similar to the puffy clouds in the inspiration photo.  Then I fussy cut them out to put on my card.  I also added a pink felt flower from my stash (as a nod to the felt in the photo) and some gold sequin shapes that I've had for years...are they flowers or snowflakes or stars???  Hard to say!!  lol...




In this angled shot below, you can see that I added shimmer spray to my background.  I also used my scallop scissors on the edges to echo the petals of my flowers. 





















The sentiment is also from the same Flower Circles set, but I added my own comma.  I stamped with Versafine - Onyx Black and heat embossed with clear powder.  I made the comma free-hand (eek!) and covered it with some new to me black Ranger - Enamel Accents.  This gave it a raised glossy finish that is virtually indistiguishable from the heat embossed words.  (Note:  Do not store these little Enamel Accents on their side!!  Good thing my caps were on securely.....!)

Hope you enjoyed my card.  I had a lot of fun playing with my Waffle Flower stamps!!!  I have one more Waffle Flower card to post, so I will see you soon!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Waffle Flower Challenge March 23 - April 12
2. DL.Art April Linky Challenge - Anything Goes

3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - April Showers and/or Spring Flowers
4. Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes with Stash item:  Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Very cute. I like the dimension of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWK!! Those little custom made flowers are so darn cute! love how you fashioned your flower/Waffle flower logo from the individual stamps. The glossy accents and hand drawn comma all add great texture and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute--I like how you made the flowers--including using a dry ink pad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another SWEET card! Thanks again for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card! Love that felt flower!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis