Friday, October 10, 2014

For a Friend...

(Another sign might be forgetting the difference between your and you're!) 




"The cat goes out
And the cat comes back 
And no one can follow 
Upon her track.
She know where she's going,
She knows were she's been,
And all we can do
is to let her in.

---------- Marchette Chute

Hi, Friends......

I am back with another card for one of the many wonderful Winnie & Walter WCMD Challenges that are still going on over there. They do not close until Saturday evening, so there is still time for you to join in, too!!  (Did I mention there are fabulous prizes???)  This card is for the color challenge hostessed by Gayatri.  Here's the lovely color palette she chose:



Can Janis resist anything that has gold in it????  Not a chance!  And, gold with pink????  Oh, be still, my beating heart!!   :)



For this card I chose another of my reject extra backgrounds, as detailed in my last post.  This background started out as plain extra-thick white cardstock.  I inked up my Darice - Fall Leaf Background folder with several Distress Inks:  Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and ran the piece through my Big Shot.  For this background I wanted even more texture, so I Versamarked over the textured design and heat embossed it with gold.....over and over and over. 

 
The more layers of gold embossing powder you put on it, the higher it builds up on the ridges of the embossing and the more chunky it looks.  It also partially fills in the valleys of your textured piece to give a rough, vintage appearance.  I LOVE this look!!  Also, love that it still lets my Distress Ink colors show through. 



I also gold heat-embossed a brand-new Inky Antics Script Sentiments #1 stamp I recently won (THANKS, Inky Antics!!).  Isn't that font just gorgeous??  Then I punched some fall leaves out of my brand-new Add a Little Dazzle metal sheets I won (THANKS, AALD!!!).  A Prima flower with sequin center and a gold leaf from some ribbon in my stash finished off the focal panel.  I matted it with DCWV pink cardstock and put it on a premade DCVW Glitter card base.  I am totally in love!!!!

Hope you have enjoyed this card, too.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  I LOVE reading your comments.  They mean more to me than you can imagine!!!  

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges (oooh...lots of them!):
1.  Winnie & Walter WCMD 2014 Challenge - Colour Combo 

2 . MFP Speedy TV - Simple Salutations Challenge #115 - Use Metal
3.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use Watercolors
4.  Add a Little Dazzle Dazzling Diva Challenge #46 - Fall is Here or Anything Goes
5.  Word Art Wednesday Challenge #153 - Anything Goes
6.  Eclectic Ellapu - Purple Team - Texture Paste/Embossing  
7.  Double Click Connections - Use Pink
8.  Cards in Envy - Autumn Leaves - must be A2 Card size and flat for mailing.



25 comments:

  1. Wow love love your card Janis.... The gold tones are phenomenal against those pinks... This is one pretty sentiment..... Thumbs up on those gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooop I forgot to thank you for joining us over at DoubleClick Skittles Challenge!
    DT-Shirl
    And I'm your newest follower also! Enjoy your crafty weekend my new friend~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shirl. I appreciate your marvelous comments and also THANK YOU for becoming a follower. Be sure to watch for a soon upcoming post where I will give you one of my new-follower ginormous smiles.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card. Love those gold tones and shimmery pinks artfully blended in together. Thanks for playing along at DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

    ~DT Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Barbara!!! Pink and gold send me into raptures!! Thank you for dropping in. Please come again!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. The background looks like something you would see in a royal palace. Pink and gold rock.
    Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 153rd challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole!! Your sweet comments are always so encouraging!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Wow - this is lovely. So elegant. I have that Darice folder and am going to try this. We appreciate you entering your card at Cards in Envy - it's perfect for our Autumn Leaves challenge. Hope you will be back to show us more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy!! This is becoming my favorite background technique. So fun and looks great every time. Thanks for the fun challenge over at Cards in Envy.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. OH My GOSH Janis!! This card is like a gorgeous silk scarf woven through with threads gold! What a beautiful effect with the multi-technique background. The distress ink embossing along would be wonderful all on its own but when you added all the layers of gold embossing...yikes! You are the heat embossing queen for certain. Love how you matched up the Prima flower pink with your mat and topped it all off with metallic leaves and the gold sequin. This is a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen!! Wow.....you make my card sound more beautiful than anything I could possibly have made!! Thanks for the super-sweet comment and wonderful encouragment, my friend.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
    2. Oh no, it really IS that beautiful! I can't believe I've never used heat embossing over dry embossing when the end result looks like this! Well, it looks like this in your case because of the colors you used and the metallic gold over everything. I'm hoping to see what I can come up with sometime soon. I have a lot of embossing powder that I haven't used for quite awhile and I think I need to play around with it!

      Delete
    3. I saw the card you posted with this technique and it is over-the-top drop-dead GORGEOUS!!!!! Fantastic work!!! I am honored you liked the effect well enough to try it out, too!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. Such great embossing and love the gold color combo! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carri!!! I appreciate your comment and your visit so much!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous background! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Simple Salutations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love your embossing and the gold! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, I appreciate your nice words. Thank you for stopping by!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous card Janis, I love all the texture and the sentiment is beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mandy!! Your visit and sweet comment mean a lot to me!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  11. so pretty love the gold!!!! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Cards in Envy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Wendy! I love doing this kind of background!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  12. This is beautiful! I love the layered background-looks so vintage and glitter is always the best in my book:) Love the pussy cat poem and the pussy cat at top:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Birgit, for your kind words!!! I really like how this background turned out, too. Also, I will tell my Chaienne kitty, pictured at the top, that she has an admirer. :) Thank you so much for stopping in.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis